Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Along Balqis


Lying in the dark, staring at the ultrasound.
The doctor shakes his head, says "I'm sorry but this baby has Down syndrome.
And I know it's hard to decide,

But she's so fragile that she'll probably die,
And it might be a blessing if she did
"Little did he know we're all the more blessed 'cause she lived.
And no, she's never gonna look like the other kids
And she may not learn to talk like the other ones did
And I guess she's always gonna walk just a little behind,
But I don't mind.
'Cause she lives her whole life without one trace of guile
And she lights up the world with that crooked little smile
and she loves you with a love so pure it just makes you heart break.
And I'd like to tell that doctor,
God Doesn't Make Mistakes.
Sitting in the park, watching all the children play.
My daugher walks up, they get quiet and little afraid.
But pretty soon the smiles come over their face
And they slow their game down just a pace
And I watch as a spirit of kindness abound
And thank God for that girl who showed me what life's really about
And she helped me to discover
God Doesn't Make Mistakes
They said something went wrong
But I think something went right
And I'll fight for my baby with all of my might.
'Cause I love her with a love so pure
it just makes my heart break
And I want to tell the world, God Doesn't Make Mistakes
- Written by Steve Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment